My thoughts should be all about Christmas right now. And in a way they are. My thoughts are about Christ who is Christmas. It is Christ who enabled me to get where I am - to weather the storms of life. Christ, that little baby born in Bethlehem, came to live a perfect life, came to die a tragic death just for me. He is my Savior - again and again - forever and forever.
1. Ashley screamed, "Mom, it's a red light". I swerved two lanes to miss broadsiding the car in front of me. Miraculously there where no other cars on those two lanes.
2. I weathered the storm of a 6 year abusive, adulterous marriage
3. I weathered being overweight in the military for a season
4. Finding out I was going to Korea and could not take my girls with me. And spent a year there.
5. Little to no food in my kitchen cabinets - people from church would invite my girls and I to dinner or bags of food would be left on my doorstep
6. Weathered the seperations from Jeff due to deployments, to war, to war-torn countries
7. The saying goodbyes again and again, moving again and again due to the military
8. Weathered Jeff working at the church (sometimes Christ just removes the situation all together - thank you Jesus)
9. My daughter tells me she's pregnant and she's not married
10. The pain of death of loved ones (and every time I think about them)
12. An unprofessional working relationship that He healed when I submited to Him
13. The rocky roads of marriage when baggage is around
I can share these because I may have been In the Storm for a season but Christ saw me through each one. Some storms He removed all together. Some I still am in. Some He walked with me the whole way through it.
Thanks you Lord, for my Christmas!