from the jan/feb 2004 simple scrapbooks magazine i'm scraplifting the always amazing cathy zielske and a symmetry exercise. after taking big pictures classes boot camp i got an additional taste of cathy's expertise (as if i didn't have enough from her two books sitting on one of my scrapbook shelves) and knew i'd be scraplifting something of hers real soon.
another page of very clean lines, symmetry, photos + journaling, and typography. A new favorite page. i wasn't going to go black and white with the photos but i am so glad i did! everything just pops out.
gotta say i'm having a blast with this scraplifting. i can already see myself hitting way more than 52scraplifts.
cathy typically goes 8.5x11 but i usually go 12x12 so i really wanted the challenge of changing the page to the large format. i think it worked out splendidly. i also love the muted tones of the cardstock.
some unwritten rules i'm following with scraplifting:
1. lots of photos (or the opportunity to include lots of photos)
2. it's got to be about the photos + the story
3. few embellishments: because it has become my style that less is more
4. 1 or 2 page spreads are far game
5. it will more than likely be a traditional page turned digital (just because i'm working digital right now.
what's happening with this 52 scraplifts challenge: I'M SCRAPPING!