I was visiting Modern Mrs. Darcy the other day and she shared a post, an update of her Reading Challenge, that made me consider hard her Reading Challenge for the remainder of the year. It is only July, which would give me 6 months still to complete the challenge. It would be within my own personal challenge of 52 New Books in 2016, which I am moving right along with (52 New Books in 2016). As I am finished with book 39 in my challenge I thought, I can do this; in addition to reading through Daniel Silva's Gabriel Allon series, the Harry Potter series (finishing up book 3, The Prisoner of Azkaban), and plowing through the growing stack of books on my personal bookshelf in my bedroom which has overflowed to my bedroom dresser, I might enjoy this reading challenge by Modern Mrs. Darcy.
Someone in the comments section of this post mentioned PopSugar's 2016 Reading Challenge so I searched for the challenge and was intrigued by it as well. What to do? I knew I could check several from the list off already this year but I think I'll make this a half-year challenge and see how it goes. I'll work on Modern Mrs. Darcy's for the rest of this year and depending how I do I might try a double challenge next year and add in Pop Sugar's 2017 Reading Challenge, which I'm sure they'll institute, again. So, all of that said...
Here's Modern Mrs. Darcy's 2016 Reading Challenge:
- A book published this year
- A book you can finish in a day
- A book you've been meaning to read
- A book recommended by your local librarian or bookseller
- A book you should have read in school
- A book chosen by your spouse, partner, sibling, child, or BFF
- A book published before you were born
- A book that was banned at some point
- A book you own but have never read
- A book that intimidates you
- A book you've already read at least once
I'm excited I have this added challenge to picking my next new book to read (except that last one in the challenge - a book I've already read...no challenge, no problem...I'll definitely re-read a J.D. Robb In Death series book.