"putting into a list what you (I) want to have happen over the ever-so-short summer months. Setting (declaring) an intention..." - Ali Edwards
Each summer for the past couple of years I've 'declared' with intention what I what to accomplish over the summer; what I want us, the boys and I, and all of us as a family, to DO over the summer. I want to be purposeful about DOING over the summer. This summer, unlike other summers I am working full time, which limits my time - our time - to do things.
But, it's all about being purposeful and actually making choices to make a summer more and awesome!
Without further ado...my summer manifesto:
1. Make a Jackson Pollack work of art with John and Jarrod.
2. Watch the sun rise at the beach, eat at the Breakfast Club, and spend the morning on Tybee Beach.
3. Fresh flowers around the house
4. Play games with the boys.
5. Go berry pickin'
6. Make homemade freezer jam.
7. Homemade peach ice cream
8. Embrace the mornings - do something on even those mornings when I work in the afternoon.
9. Visit the Farmer's Market regularly
10. Fireworks in July
11. Find a 'new (to us)' television series to watch from start to finish (alias, merlin, battlestar galactica, etc.)
12. Have a Low Country Boil
14. Make homemade popsicles
15. Create things.
16. Try something new.
17. Paint some pottery.
18. Grill some brats, throw them on brochen's with spicy hot mustard
19. Go to the movies
20. Make homemade lemonade (with our new juicer!)
21. Roast hot dogs (and marshmellows) over an open fire
22. Have a movie marathon night, into the morning with tons of appetizers and munchies
23. Day trips (at least two)