a lovely little blog and store wit and whistle had a post recently that captured 12 projects she had completed in 2012. i was inspired. so i thought i'd set about selecting 13 projects i'd like to complete before 2013. a few are very easy. this is not an all-encompassing list. some will take much effort. one or two will be challenging. a couple will require the help of my other half.
2. make diy headboard out of door shutters for bed in guest bedroom. several years ago - i mean like 4-5 years ago we went on a mission trip and i came home with these doors (with the shutters). my original idea was a room divider type decor piece until i was perusing the internet and saw diy headboards all over the place.
3. paint master bathroom. i would love to gut the master bathroom put in a very big shower (remove our tub), with new sink/stand, lighting fixtures, cabinets, etc. but that won't happen for a long while so i need to paint. we've lived here 15 years and we've never painted the bathroom.
4. recover and retain dining room chairs. big project. this will need the help of 'all hands on deck'; mostly because of my weak hands.
5. make snowmen family. such a fun christmas diy looking forward to doing.
6. scrap wood made into a bible quote sign
7. i've wanted to make these 23 1/2 inch (each letter) N O E L for a couple years for a christmas decoration
8. i love you because... frames very easy; should be one of those first jobs knocked off the list
9. frame out master bathroom mirror. this is another 'because we can't gut' i'll make do projects and frame up the bathroom mirror. i've seen several ideas but i'll probably go with a similiar diy the house of smiths tackled for their bathroom mirror
10. a canvas project using different size washers (i can probably raid the garage (don't tell hoosier man) and forming the letter B - for bowers of course
11. recipe book. this has been brewing for a while now and i'm not exactly sure the direction i want to go 4x6, 12 x12, 8.5 x 11 (so it can be inserted into a 3-ring binder) - just not sure
12. paint and decorate laundry room - i'm thinking orange
13. herb garden (at the very least)
challenging enough, will need to be highly motivated on some...we'll see.
those way cool digital pieces (a freebie from a book project) come from audrey neal designs at design house digital