Project Life, hopefully, will be up tomorrow.
Now, onto a List.
A list of favorite blogs.
I have, in the past made such a list. I've found I've visiting a few more sites for inspiration, for laughter, for awe, for just-plain-'ole-fun.
1. Ali Edwards. Absolutely my #1 go to blog. Ali has been in the scrapbooking world for quite a few years. I don't always like her style because sometimes she can get to 'artsy' for me but I ALWAYS am inspired! And that is why her blog is my number one favorite blog. She INSPIRES!
2. Elise Blaha Cripe. I gotta' say that while Ali's blog lies dear in my heart sometimes Ali goes through periods where she doesn't post anything for days. But Elise posts 5-6 days a week - which I love. And Elise's blog is chalk-full (what does that mean anyways) of INSPIRATION. It was probably Elise who inspired me the most to begin Project Life. And my 40 Recipes and 40 Recipes in a Bowl were inspired by her. Her all-around creative side has pushed me to purchase the yarn and crochet needles I'll need for attempting to crochet.
3. Cathy Zielske. Cathy is my kinda' scrapbooker. Clean and Simple. Cathy is funny, and seriously the quintessential clean and simple scrapbooker around. Her online classes have been amazingly wonderful, fun, and inspiring. At some point, fairly recently I figured out my scrapbooking style. I wondered why I enjoyed digital scrapbooking so much and why I also headed back to Cathy's pages, and her two books on my shelf, because her style is my style. I don't have many of her gifts of putting pages together but the clean and simple is definitely my style.
4. Lee Currie. I want to be Lee's friend. I adore her blog. I love her successes and want to cheer her on through her failures. She is so real to me. I feel a kindred spirit with her (we are close in age too) even if she doesn't know me from Adam. And INSPIRING! Oh man! I love photography skills, her writing skills, her digital gifts, and admire her. Sure, I don't agree with everything but I get full-on inspiration from her blog.
5. A Beautiful Mess. While Elsie's style is too much of a 'mess' for me, I keep returning to her blog everyday for her creative endeavors and fun time blog. She's such a young thing to be so successful and it's been fun to watch. While I love the whole clean and simple in scrapbooking I have found I also don't want matchy-matchy in my home and Elsie's blog has inspired me to think outside the normal box for a home. Consider vintage, consider meaningful. Keep what's meaningful.
6. The Pioneer Woman. Admittedly, I don't visit her blog very much anymore. It has become less - in many ways. But, I love the homeschooling section when Heather writes. She is amazingly, homeschooling inspiring! I still occassionally visit PW's recipes, but she just doesn't make me laugh as much as she used to. Too much of her world seems unreal anymore. So why is it still a favorite blog - the homeschooling section!
7. Karen Russell. Aka, one of the most hilariously funny, wise, growing in Christ women, with an insane skill for taking awe-inspiring photographs...love her blog. Hate it when she doesn't post for awhile. She makes me laugh. She makes me cry. She seems real (as real as one can get on a blog) because she tells the good and bad. And her photos - oh don't get me started.
I would have liked to listed more favorites but in all seriousness I don't visit anywhere near as many blogs as I know some folks do. I wouldn't mind finding more favorites - for the inspiration, for the laughter, for the creativity. I do seek them out but I'm hard to please. The blog has to work for me as well as what the blogger writes. I visit a few more here and there, those for Project Life inspiration, some for their craftiness, some for their words, some because I've hit on a project that I'm joining them in on and I'll occassionaly visit them for more than...but, to be honest I just don't have the time.
...and so begins a list of favorites.