In the Craft the Story Facebook group I am a member of we have been participating in an August challenge scrap as a way to get more of our stories told. I haven't completed all of the challenges but one I did finish is the challenge to use circles in repetition on your page. Another was to include a series of selfies and another was to include details in your journaling.
With this She Wears page I fulfilled all of those requirements. I took a selfie each day of what I was wearing and included those selfie's in circles, adding digital circle embellishments and chipboard. Then I listed 'details' I noticed from my endeavor of capturing what I wore that week. It was an interesting and revealing exercise.
1. I didn’t realize it until I snapped a picture a day for 7 days that I wear a lot of blue, unintentionally really, because I am more a fall or warm colors person.
2. I often grab the same outfits every week with few changes - and a closet full of other clothes left - hanging.
3. It’s time for some changes: wear some of the clothes I rarely wear and if I don’t like them give them away. But, maybe I’ll find a new favorite. I succumbed to the same 'ole and bought a few new tops and have added them to my what to wear rotation.
4. One of the most comfortable outfits is a pair of tan capris and a soft blue top with aztec embroidary on the front. I wear it every Tuesday. I’m not sure why. It is something that makes me go - hum? I am dreading the day when that top wears out.
5. A new favorite top is a silky smooth black top that hangs on me amazingly. It has a gold zipper, and gold accoutrements. I purchased it on a whim from Roz & Ali. In fact, I love the top so much and how it fits me I ordered a salmon color of the same, because peach and salmon colors are in that warm family of colors that I love and I think look good on me.