It isn't often I receive a photo of John from John but when that photo captures some of my feelings of love for my son right now I just have to write it down.
For this 2-page, 6 x 8 digital layout I used the YOU Story kit by Ali Edwards. I enlarged a 3 x 4 journal card on the right hand side, added numbers from, I believe, the LIST Story kit. I digitally enhanced the hearts on the left side to create a canvas look and wrote 5 reasons I love John right now.
1. I love your work ethic. At 22, you have learned the value of hard work. You’re by no means perfect, but you work hard and you go about your work without complaint or discord. You even worked full time while you were going to school.
2. I love how you have set yourself up for success. You spent the time at Savannah Technical College acquiring all of your welding certificates so you can offer an employer commitment, and knowledge ready to apprentice.
3. I love how we continue to hear others sing your praise. Your boss raves about how kind you are to him, how you take care of him, not letting him do any of the heavy lifting, and how he can always count on you. How you go out of your way to serve him and his company.
4. I love that you are always serving others. You learned this from us, and Boy Scouts, but when you could be a consumer, you have chosen, instead, to be a servant. Whether it is all the years you have served at church, the way you serve our home, and others.
5. I love that you that you have time for your nephews. It says a lot when a young adult will give his time and attention to his very young nephews. You have a special relationship, now, because you have given them your presence.