Next, I am sharing story 3 in my December Daily album. Every year for the past several years I've - taken stock of, looked back on, the year and captured my favorite things about the year. There is a reason I do this.
The year can be hard. I've experienced a ton of personal and physical difficulties and sometimes I get lost in the - hard. I need to see the good when that happens. Listing my favorite things about the year helps me to see the reality of the year. It hasn't all been bad. In fact, when I begin listing out my favorites I see clearly, the blinders have been lifted, the fog clears, and I see that it's been a pretty darn good year.
This year is no different. It's been a good year even amidst the difficult. These are a few of my favorite things...
1. Surpassing my reading goals for 2022. My reading goal was read 100 books and I surpassed 100!
2. I captured 31 Sunrises in July and documented them in a 4 x 8 album. This is my 3rd year of capturing sunrises in July and it has become one of my most favorite projects of the year.
3. Completed another #100dayproject. Writing on a 4 x 6 journal card by Ali Edwards Design story kits, telling my stories and putting them all into a 6 x 8 album. For 100 days I wrote my story.
4. Jeff left Choate after 14 years and immediately, within the end of the week had another job without a reduction in salary, with less stress (like 90% less stress) and a Christian boss!
5. We did a mini-renovation of our kitchen (after living in our home for more than 27 years it was a long time coming). We replaced countertops with quartz, added a backsplash, a new chandelier in the dining room, new screened / sliding glass doors, a beautiful shiplap wall (yes, shiplap can be beautiful), a fresh coat of paint that goes well with oak cabinets, and had those oak cabinets cleaned and re-stained.
6. Early morning (4:30) read a-loud with Jeff. We finished reading through the entire Bible this year. Read through the New Testament (again), began reading through the Bible (again), and finished 3 spiritual formation books.
7. Hosted book club in my home 10 of 12 months of the year. I was sick for those two missing days.
8. A quick but fantastic weekend trip to Charleston. Leisurely trip, lots of good food and supreme carriage rides.
9. We gifted John and Jarrod tickets to go see CATS live on stage for Christmas 2021 and this year we saw CATS together. The best part was us watching John and Jarrod watching CATS.
10. Seeing the amazing Beyond Van Gogh exhibit. A moving experience.
11. Saturday mornings breakfast with Jeff. It's like a second date of the week. We get up early on Saturdays and go find a breakfast spot around the city. It's a great start to our weekends.
12. 52 Tacos. We ate homemade tacos (with homemade taco sauce that we call Parent sauce) every Tuesday night for dinner. It makes meal planning for the month extra easy.
13. Even though I had to step down because of physical reasons one of my favorite things of the year was being asked to be a brand ambassador for Ali Edwards Design, Inc.
14. One of my most recent favorites is joining an online international Bible Study Fellowship group. One of the ladies in my group is my online scrapbooking community friend, Yin.
15. All the scrapbooking I've done throughout the year. Definitely a favorite past time.
16. In June our SLEEP NUMBER bed arrived and I have had the most amazing sleep ever since.
17. We had a family reunion this year (my side of the family) and Jeff and the boys were able to attend. I, however, was not (not my favorite) but even though I wasn't there I am so thankful Jeff had all the kids and grandkids in one place.
I could add
18. Jeff and I saw Anastasia on stage (tickets were a gift from our daughter Elizabeth).